SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : dhcp (SUSE-SU-2016:0541-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 88893
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for dhcp fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2015-8605: A remote attacker could have used badly formed packets with an invalid IPv4 UDP length field to cause a DHCP server, client, or relay program to terminate abnormally (bsc#961305)
The following bugs were fixed :
- bsc#936923: Improper lease duration checking
- bsc#880984: Integer overflows in the date and time handling code
- bsc#956159: fixed service files to start dhcpd after slapd
- bsc#960506: Improve exit reason and logging when /sbin/dhclient-script is unable to pre-init requested interface
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-294=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-294=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-294=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.