New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for glibc fixes the following issues :
- errorcheck-mutex-no-elision.patch: Don't do lock elision on an error checking mutex (boo#956716, BZ #17514)
- reinitialize-dl_load_write_lock.patch: Reinitialize dl_load_write_lock on fork (boo#958315, BZ #19282)
- send-dg-buffer-overflow.patch: Fix getaddrinfo stack-based buffer overflow (CVE-2015-7547, boo#961721, BZ #18665)
- strftime-range-check.patch: Add range check on time fields (CVE-2015-8776, boo#962736, BZ #18985)
- hcreate-overflow-check.patch: Handle overflow in hcreate (CVE-2015-8778, boo#962737, BZ #18240)
- refactor-nan-parsing.patch: Refactor strtod parsing of NaN payloads (CVE-2014-9761, boo#962738, BZ #16962)
- catopen-unbound-alloca.patch: Fix unbound alloca in catopen (CVE-2015-8779, boo#962739, BZ #17905)
SolutionUpdate the affected glibc packages.