New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaFirefox, MozillaFirefox-branding-SLE, mozilla-nss fixes the following issues: (bsc#963520)
Mozilla Firefox was updated to 38.6.0 ESR. Mozilla NSS was updated to 3.20.2.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- CVE-2016-1930: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox ESR 38.6 (bsc#963632)
- CVE-2016-1935: Buffer overflow in WebGL after out of memory allocation (bsc#963635)
- CVE-2016-1938: Calculations with mp_div and mp_exptmod in Network Security Services (NSS) canproduce wrong results (bsc#963731)
The following improvements were added :
- bsc#954447: Mozilla NSS now supports a number of new DHE ciphersuites
- Tracking protection is now enabled by default
- bsc#964332: Fixed leaking file descriptors inside FIPS selfcheck code
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-199=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2016-199=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-199=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2016-199=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-199=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2016-199=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.