SUSE SLED11 / SLES11 Security Update : kvm (SUSE-SU-2016:0010-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 87857
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for kvm fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2015-7512: The receive packet size is now checked in the emulated pcnet driver, eliminating buffer overflow and potential security issue by malicious guest systems.
- CVE-2015-8345: A infinite loop in processing command block list was fixed that could be exploit by malicious guest systems (bsc#956829).
Other bugs fixed :
- To assist users past the migration incompatibility discussed in bsc#950590 (restore migration compatibility with SLE11 SP3 and SLE12, at the unfortunate expense to prior SLE11 SP4 kvm release compatability when a virtio-net device is used), print a message which references the support document TID 7017048. See https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7017048
- Fix cases of wrong clock values in kvmclock timekeeping (bsc#947164 and bsc#953187)
- Enforce pxe rom sizes to ensure migration compatibility.
- Fix kvm live migration fails between sles11 sp3 and sp4 (bsc#950590)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch slessp4-kvm-12293=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch sledsp4-kvm-12293=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.