SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : grub2 (SUSE-SU-2015:2399-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 87722
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for grub2 provides the following fixes and enhancements :
Security issue fixed :
- Fix buffer overflows when reading username and password.
Non security issues fixed :
- Expand list of grub.cfg search path in PV Xen guests for systems installed on btrfs snapshots. (bsc#946148, bsc#952539)
- Add --image switch to force zipl update to specific kernel. (bsc#928131)
- Do not use shim lock protocol for reading PE header as it won't be available when secure boot is disabled.
- Make firmware flaw condition be more precisely detected and add debug message for the case.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-1032=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-1032=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.