SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for openssl fixes the following issues :
Security fixes :
- CVE-2015-3194: The signature verification routines will crash with a NULL pointer dereference if presented with an ASN.1 signature using the RSA PSS algorithm and absent mask generation function parameter. Since these routines are used to verify certificate signature algorithms this can be used to crash any certificate verification operation and exploited in a DoS attack.
Any application which performs certificate verification is vulnerable including OpenSSL clients and servers which enable client authentication. (bsc#957815)
- CVE-2015-3195: When presented with a malformed X509_ATTRIBUTE structure OpenSSL would leak memory. This structure is used by the PKCS#7 and CMS routines so any application which reads PKCS#7 or CMS data from untrusted sources is affected. SSL/TLS is not affected.
- CVE-2015-3196: If PSK identity hints are received by a multi-threaded client then the values were wrongly updated in the parent SSL_CTX structure. This could result in a race condition potentially leading to a double free of the identify hint data. (bsc#957813)
Non security bugs fixed :
- Clear the error after setting non-fips mode (bsc#947104)
- Improve S/390 performance on IBM z196 and z13 (bsc#954256)
- Add support for 'ciphers' providing no encryption (bsc#937085)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-958=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-958=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-958=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
File Name: suse_SU-2015-2237-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:libopenssl1_0_0, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:libopenssl1_0_0-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:libopenssl1_0_0-hmac, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:openssl, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:openssl-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:openssl-debugsource, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:12
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 12/9/2015
Vulnerability Publication Date: 12/6/2015