New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Mac OS X host is prior to 47.0.2526.80. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A type confusion error exists related to extensions that allows an attacker to have an unspecified impact.
- A use-after-free error exists in Blink that is triggered when handling updates. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to dereference already freed memory, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code.
- An unspecified escaping issue exists in saved pages.
- Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities exist that an attacker can exploit to have an unspecified impact.
- Multiple heap buffer overflow conditions exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code.
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8045, CVE-2015-8047, CVE-2015-8060, CVE-2015-8408, CVE-2015-8416, CVE-2015-8417, CVE-2015-8418, CVE-2015-8419, CVE-2015-8443, CVE-2015-8444, CVE-2015-8451, CVE-2015-8455)
- Multiple security bypass vulnerabilities exist that allow an attacker to write arbitrary data to the file system under user permissions. (CVE-2015-8453, CVE-2015-8440, CVE-2015-8409)
- A stack buffer overflow condition exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8407, CVE-2015-8457)
- A type confusion error exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8439, CVE-2015-8456)
- An integer overflow condition exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8445)
- A buffer overflow condition exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8415)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8048, CVE-2015-8049, CVE-2015-8050, CVE-2015-8055, CVE-2015-8056, CVE-2015-8057, CVE-2015-8058, CVE-2015-8059, CVE-2015-8061, CVE-2015-8062, CVE-2015-8063, CVE-2015-8064, CVE-2015-8065, CVE-2015-8066, CVE-2015-8067, CVE-2015-8068, CVE-2015-8069, CVE-2015-8070, CVE-2015-8071, CVE-2015-8401, CVE-2015-8402, CVE-2015-8403, CVE-2015-8404, CVE-2015-8405, CVE-2015-8406, CVE-2015-8410, CVE-2015-8411, CVE-2015-8412, CVE-2015-8413, CVE-2015-8414, CVE-2015-8420, CVE-2015-8421, CVE-2015-8422, CVE-2015-8423, CVE-2015-8424, CVE-2015-8425, CVE-2015-8426, CVE-2015-8427, CVE-2015-8428, CVE-2015-8429, CVE-2015-8430, CVE-2015-8431, CVE-2015-8432, CVE-2015-8433, CVE-2015-8434, CVE-2015-8435, CVE-2015-8436, CVE-2015-8437, CVE-2015-8441, CVE-2015-8442, CVE-2015-8447, CVE-2015-8448, CVE-2015-8449, CVE-2015-8450, CVE-2015-8452, CVE-2015-8454)
- A flaw exists in Google V8 in serialize.cc that is triggered when handling alignment for deferred objects.
An attacker can exploit this to have an unspecified impact. (CVE-2015-8548)
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 47.0.2526.80 or later.