Google Chrome < 47.0.2526.80 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 87245
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 47.0.2526.80. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A type confusion error exists related to extensions that allows an attacker to have an unspecified impact.
- A use-after-free error exists in Blink that is triggered when handling updates. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to dereference already freed memory, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code.
- An unspecified escaping issue exists in saved pages.
- Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities exist that an attacker can exploit to have an unspecified impact.
- Multiple heap buffer overflow conditions exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code.
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8045, CVE-2015-8047, CVE-2015-8060, CVE-2015-8408, CVE-2015-8416, CVE-2015-8417, CVE-2015-8418, CVE-2015-8419, CVE-2015-8443, CVE-2015-8444, CVE-2015-8451, CVE-2015-8455)
- Multiple security bypass vulnerabilities exist that allow an attacker to write arbitrary data to the file system under user permissions. (CVE-2015-8453, CVE-2015-8440, CVE-2015-8409)
- A stack buffer overflow condition exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8407, CVE-2015-8457)
- A type confusion error exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8439, CVE-2015-8456)
- An integer overflow condition exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8445)
- A buffer overflow condition exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8415)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8048, CVE-2015-8049, CVE-2015-8050, CVE-2015-8055, CVE-2015-8056, CVE-2015-8057, CVE-2015-8058, CVE-2015-8059, CVE-2015-8061, CVE-2015-8062, CVE-2015-8063, CVE-2015-8064, CVE-2015-8065, CVE-2015-8066, CVE-2015-8067, CVE-2015-8068, CVE-2015-8069, CVE-2015-8070, CVE-2015-8071, CVE-2015-8401, CVE-2015-8402, CVE-2015-8403, CVE-2015-8404, CVE-2015-8405, CVE-2015-8406, CVE-2015-8410, CVE-2015-8411, CVE-2015-8412, CVE-2015-8413, CVE-2015-8414, CVE-2015-8420, CVE-2015-8421, CVE-2015-8422, CVE-2015-8423, CVE-2015-8424, CVE-2015-8425, CVE-2015-8426, CVE-2015-8427, CVE-2015-8428, CVE-2015-8429, CVE-2015-8430, CVE-2015-8431, CVE-2015-8432, CVE-2015-8433, CVE-2015-8434, CVE-2015-8435, CVE-2015-8436, CVE-2015-8437, CVE-2015-8441, CVE-2015-8442, CVE-2015-8447, CVE-2015-8448, CVE-2015-8449, CVE-2015-8450, CVE-2015-8452, CVE-2015-8454)
- A flaw exists in Google V8 in serialize.cc that is triggered when handling alignment for deferred objects.
An attacker can exploit this to have an unspecified impact. (CVE-2015-8548)
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 47.0.2526.80 or later.