SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis ntp update provides the following security and non security fixes :
- Update to 4.2.8p4 to fix several security issues (bsc#951608) :
- CVE-2015-7871: NAK to the Future: Symmetric association authentication bypass via crypto-NAK
- CVE-2015-7855: decodenetnum() will ASSERT botch instead of returning FAIL on some bogus values
- CVE-2015-7854: Password Length Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- CVE-2015-7853: Invalid length data provided by a custom refclock driver could cause a buffer overflow
- CVE-2015-7852 ntpq atoascii() Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- CVE-2015-7851 saveconfig Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2015-7850 remote config logfile-keyfile
- CVE-2015-7849 trusted key use-after-free
- CVE-2015-7848 mode 7 loop counter underrun
- CVE-2015-7701 Slow memory leak in CRYPTO_ASSOC
- CVE-2015-7703 configuration directives 'pidfile' and 'driftfile' should only be allowed locally
- CVE-2015-7704, CVE-2015-7705 Clients that receive a KoD should validate the origin timestamp field
- CVE-2015-7691, CVE-2015-7692, CVE-2015-7702 Incomplete autokey data packet length checks
- obsoletes ntp-memlock.patch.
- Add a controlkey line to /etc/ntp.conf if one does not already exist to allow runtime configuuration via ntpq.
SolutionUpdate the affected ntp packages.