New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis ntp update provides the following security and non security fixes :
- Update to 4.2.8p4 to fix several security issues (bsc#951608) :
- CVE-2015-7871: NAK to the Future: Symmetric association authentication bypass via crypto-NAK
- CVE-2015-7855: decodenetnum() will ASSERT botch instead of returning FAIL on some bogus values
- CVE-2015-7854: Password Length Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- CVE-2015-7853: Invalid length data provided by a custom refclock driver could cause a buffer overflow
- CVE-2015-7852 ntpq atoascii() Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- CVE-2015-7851 saveconfig Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2015-7850 remote config logfile-keyfile
- CVE-2015-7849 trusted key use-after-free
- CVE-2015-7848 mode 7 loop counter underrun
- CVE-2015-7701 Slow memory leak in CRYPTO_ASSOC
- CVE-2015-7703 configuration directives 'pidfile' and 'driftfile' should only be allowed locally
- CVE-2015-7704, CVE-2015-7705 Clients that receive a KoD should validate the origin timestamp field
- CVE-2015-7691, CVE-2015-7692, CVE-2015-7702 Incomplete autokey data packet length checks
- obsoletes ntp-memlock.patch.
- Add a controlkey line to /etc/ntp.conf if one does not already exist to allow runtime configuuration via ntpq.
SolutionUpdate the affected ntp packages.