openSUSE Security Update : polkit (openSUSE-2015-711)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 86957
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Descriptionpolkit was updated to the 0.113 release, fixing security issues and bugs.
Security issues fixed :
- Fixes CVE-2015-4625, a local privilege escalation due to predictable authentication session cookie values. Thanks to Tavis Ormandy, Google Project Zero for reporting this issue. For the future, authentication agents are encouraged to use PolkitAgentSession instead of using the D-Bus agent response API directly. (bsc#935119)
- Fixes CVE-2015-3255, a memory corruption vulnerability in handling duplicate action IDs, possibly leading to local privilege escalation. Thanks to Laurent Bigonville for reporting this issue. (bsc#939246)
- Fixes CVE-2015-3218, which allowed any local user to crash polkitd. Thanks to Tavis Ormandy, Google Project Zero, for reporting this issue. (bsc#933922)
Other issues fixed :
- On systemd-213 and later, the 'active' state is shared across all sessions of an user, instead of being tracked separately.
- pkexec, when not given a program to execute, runs the users shell by default.
- Fixed shutdown problems on powerpc64le (bsc#950114)
- polkit had a memory leak (bsc#912889)
SolutionUpdate the affected polkit packages.