SUSE SLES12 Security Update : apache2 (SUSE-SU-2015:1851-1) (Logjam)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 86703
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe Apache2 webserver was updated to fix several issues :
Security issues fixed :
- The chunked transfer coding implementation in the Apache HTTP Server did not properly parse chunk headers, which allowed remote attackers to conduct HTTP request smuggling attacks via a crafted request, related to mishandling of large chunk-size values and invalid chunk-extension characters in modules/http/http_filters.c. [bsc#938728, CVE-2015-3183]
- The LOGJAM security issue was addressed by: [bnc#931723 CVE-2015-4000]
- changing the SSLCipherSuite cipherstring to disable export cipher suites and deploy Ephemeral Elliptic-Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDHE) ciphers.
- Adjust 'gensslcert' script to generate a strong and unique Diffie Hellman Group and append it to the server certificate file.
- The ap_some_auth_required function in server/request.c in the Apache HTTP Server 2.4.x did not consider that a Require directive may be associated with an authorization setting rather than an authentication setting, which allowed remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions in opportunistic circumstances by leveraging the presence of a module that relies on the 2.2 API behavior. [bnc#938723 bnc#939516 CVE-2015-3185]
- Tomcat mod_jk information leak due to incorrect JkMount/JkUnmount directives processing [bnc#927845 CVE-2014-8111]
Other bugs fixed :
- Now provides a suse_maintenance_mmn_# [bnc#915666].
- Hard-coded modules in the %files [bnc#444878].
- Fixed the IfModule directive around SSLSessionCache [bnc#911159].
- allow only TCP ports in Yast2 firewall files [bnc#931002]
- fixed a regression when some LDAP searches or comparisons might be done with the wrong credentials when a backend connection is reused [bnc#930228]
- Fixed split-logfile2 script [bnc#869790]
- remove the changed MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MINOR from which confuses modules the way that they expect functionality that our apache does not provide [bnc#915666]
- gensslcert: CN now defaults to `hostname -f` [bnc#949766], fix help [bnc#949771]
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-772=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-772=1
SUSE Enterprise Storage 1.0 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-Storage-1.0-2015-772=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.