New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
Descriptionglibc was updated to fix bugs and security issues.
Security issues fixed :
- A buffer overflow in nss_dns was fixed that could lead to crashes. (CVE-2015-1781, bsc#927080, BZ #18287)
- A denial of service attack (out of memory) in the NSS files backend was fixed (CVE-2014-8121, bsc#918187, GLIBC BZ #18007)
Non security bugs fixed :
- Fix regression in threaded application malloc performance (bsc#915955, GLIBC#17195)
- Fix read past end of pattern in fnmatch (bsc#920338, GLIBC#17062, GLIBC#18032, GLIBC#18036)
- Record TTL also for DNS PTR queries (bsc#928723, GLIBC#18513)
- Increase MINSIGSTKSZ and SIGSTKSZ for aarch64 (bsc#931480, GLIBC#16850)
- Fix handling of IPv6 nameservers (bsc#939211, GLIBC#13028, GLIBC#17053)
- Avoid use of asm/ptrace.h (bsc#934084)
- Do not corrupt the top of a threaded heap if top chunk is MINSIZE (GLIBC#18502)
- Terminate unwinding after makecontext_ret on s390 (bsc#940332. bsc#944494, GLIBC#18508)
- Restore signal mask in set/swapcontext on s390 (bsc#940195, bsc#944494, GLIBC#18080)
- fix dlopen in static binaries (bsc#937853, GLIBC#17250)
- Properly reread entry after failure in nss_files getent function (bsc#945779, BZ #18991)
Features added :
- AVX512 support (fate#318844)
- Add compatibility symlinks for LSB 3.0 (fate#318933)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-764=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-764=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-764=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.