SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE 13.2 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
Following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2015-3290: arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S in the Linux kernel on the x86_64 platform improperly relied on espfix64 during nested NMI processing, which allowed local users to gain privileges by triggering an NMI within a certain instruction window (bnc#937969)
- CVE-2015-0272: It was reported that it's possible to craft a Router Advertisement message which will bring the receiver in a state where new IPv6 connections will not be accepted until correct Router Advertisement message received. (bsc#944296).
- CVE-2015-5283: The sctp_init function in net/sctp/protocol.c in the Linux kernel had an incorrect sequence of protocol-initialization steps, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (panic or memory corruption) by creating SCTP sockets before all of the steps have finished (bnc#947155).
- CVE-2015-1333: Memory leak in the __key_link_end function in security/keys/keyring.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via many add_key system calls that refer to existing keys. (bsc#938645)
- CVE-2015-5707: Integer overflow in the sg_start_req function in drivers/scsi/sg.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via a large iov_count value in a write request. (bsc#940338)
- CVE-2015-2925: An attacker could potentially break out of a namespace or container, depending on if he had specific rights in these containers. (bsc#926238).
- CVE-2015-7872: A vulnerability in keyrings garbage collector allowed a local user to trigger an oops was found, caused by using request_key() or keyctl request2.
The following non-security bugs were fixed :
- input: evdev - do not report errors form flush() (bsc#939834).
- NFSv4: Recovery of recalled read delegations is broken (bsc#942178).
- apparmor: temporary work around for bug while unloading policy (boo#941867).
- config/x86_64/ec2: Align CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM is enabled in every other kernel flavor, so enable it for x86_64/ec2 as well.
- kernel-obs-build: add btrfs to initrd This is needed for kiwi builds.
- mmc: card: Do not access RPMB partitions for normal read/write (bnc#941104).
- netback: coalesce (guest) RX SKBs as needed (bsc#919154).
- rpm/kernel-obs-build.spec.in: Add virtio_rng to the initrd. This allows to feed some randomness to the OBS workers.
- xfs: Fix file type directory corruption for btree directories (bsc#941305).
- xfs: ensure buffer types are set correctly (bsc#941305).
- xfs: inode unlink does not set AGI buffer type (bsc#941305).
- xfs: set buf types when converting extent formats (bsc#941305).
- xfs: set superblock buffer type correctly (bsc#941305).
- xhci: Add spurious wakeup quirk for LynxPoint-LP controllers (bnc#951195).
SolutionUpdate the affected the Linux Kernel packages.