SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
Descriptionpolkit was updated to the 0.113 release, fixing security issues and bugs.
Security issues fixed :
- Fixes CVE-2015-4625, a local privilege escalation due to predictable authentication session cookie values. Thanks to Tavis Ormandy, Google Project Zero for reporting this issue. For the future, authentication agents are encouraged to use PolkitAgentSession instead of using the D-Bus agent response API directly. (bsc#935119)
- Fixes CVE-2015-3255, a memory corruption vulnerability in handling duplicate action IDs, possibly leading to local privilege escalation. Thanks to Laurent Bigonville for reporting this issue. (bsc#939246)
- Fixes CVE-2015-3218, which allowed any local user to crash polkitd. Thanks to Tavis Ormandy, Google Project Zero, for reporting this issue. (bsc#933922)
Other issues fixed :
- On systemd-213 and later, the 'active' state is shared across all sessions of an user, instead of being tracked separately.
- pkexec, when not given a program to execute, runs the users shell by default.
- Fixed shutdown problems on powerpc64le (bsc#950114)
- polkit had a memory leak (bsc#912889)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-2015-759=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-759=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-759=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-759=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.