SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : postgresql93 (SUSE-SU-2015:1821-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 86627
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe PostreSQL database postgresql93 was updated to the bugfix release 9.3.10 :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2015-5289, bsc#949670: json or jsonb input values constructed from arbitrary user input can crash the PostgreSQL server and cause a denial of service.
- CVE-2015-5288, bsc#949669: The crypt() function included with the optional pgCrypto extension could be exploited to read a few additional bytes of memory. No working exploit for this issue has been developed.
For the full release notes, see:
Other bugs fixed :
- Move systemd related stuff and user creation to postgresql-init.
- Remove some obsolete %suse_version conditionals.
- Relax dependency on libpq to major version.
- Fix possible failure to recover from an inconsistent database state. See full release notes for details.
- Fix rare failure to invalidate relation cache init file.
- Avoid deadlock between incoming sessions and CREATE/DROP DATABASE.
- Improve planner's cost estimates for semi-joins and anti-joins with inner indexscans
- For the full release notes for 9.3.9 see:
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-746=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-746=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-746=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.