SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
Descriptionntp.org reports :
NTF's NTP Project has been notified of the following 13 low- and medium-severity vulnerabilities that are fixed in ntp-4.2.8p4, released on Wednesday, 21 October 2015 :
- Bug 2941 CVE-2015-7871 NAK to the Future: Symmetric association authentication bypass via crypto-NAK (Cisco ASIG)
- Bug 2922 CVE-2015-7855 decodenetnum() will ASSERT botch instead of returning FAIL on some bogus values (IDA)
- Bug 2921 CVE-2015-7854 Password Length Memory Corruption Vulnerability. (Cisco TALOS)
- Bug 2920 CVE-2015-7853 Invalid length data provided by a custom refclock driver could cause a buffer overflow. (Cisco TALOS)
- Bug 2919 CVE-2015-7852 ntpq atoascii() Memory Corruption Vulnerability. (Cisco TALOS)
- Bug 2918 CVE-2015-7851 saveconfig Directory Traversal Vulnerability.
(OpenVMS) (Cisco TALOS)
- Bug 2917 CVE-2015-7850 remote config logfile-keyfile. (Cisco TALOS)
- Bug 2916 CVE-2015-7849 trusted key use-after-free. (Cisco TALOS)
- Bug 2913 CVE-2015-7848 mode 7 loop counter underrun. (Cisco TALOS)
- Bug 2909 CVE-2015-7701 Slow memory leak in CRYPTO_ASSOC. (Tenable)
- Bug 2902 : CVE-2015-7703 configuration directives 'pidfile' and 'driftfile' should only be allowed locally. (RedHat)
- Bug 2901 : CVE-2015-7704, CVE-2015-7705 Clients that receive a KoD should validate the origin timestamp field. (Boston University)
- Bug 2899 : CVE-2015-7691, CVE-2015-7692, CVE-2015-7702 Incomplete autokey data packet length checks. (Tenable)
The only generally-exploitable bug in the above list is the crypto-NAK bug, which has a CVSS2 score of 6.4.
Additionally, three bugs that have already been fixed in ntp-4.2.8 but were not fixed in ntp-4.2.6 as it was EOL'd have a security component, but are all below 1.8 CVSS score, so we're reporting them here :
- Bug 2382 : Peer precision < -31 gives division by zero
- Bug 1774 : Segfaults if cryptostats enabled when built without OpenSSL
- Bug 1593 : ntpd abort in free() with logconfig syntax error
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.