SUSE SLED11 Security Update : icedtea-web (SUSE-SU-2015:1689-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 86309
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe Java Plugin IcedTea Web was updated to 1.5.2, fixing bugs and security issues.
- permissions sandbox and signed app and unsigned app with permissions all-permissions now run in sandbox instead of not at all.
- fixed DownloadService
- RH1231441 Unable to read the text of the buttons of the security dialogue
- Fixed RH1233697 icedtea-web: applet origin spoofing (CVE-2015-5235, bsc#944208)
- Fixed RH1233667 icedtea-web: unexpected permanent authorization of unsigned applets (CVE-2015-5234, bsc#944209)
- MissingALACAdialog made available also for unsigned applications (but ignoring actual manifest value) and fixed
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch sledsp4-icedtea-web-12116=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-icedtea-web-12116=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.