HP Version Control Repository Manager for Linux < 7.5.0 Multiple Vulnerabilities (HPSBMU03396) (FREAK)
High Nessus Plugin ID 85803
SynopsisThe remote Linux host has an application installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of HP Version Control Repository Manager (VCRM) installed on the remote Linux host is prior to 7.5.0. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists when the SSLv3 option isn't enabled and an SSLv3 ClientHello is received. This allows a remote attacker, using an unexpected handshake, to crash the daemon, resulting in a denial of service. (CVE-2014-3569)
- The BIGNUM squaring (BN_sqr) implementation does not properly calculate the square of a BIGNUM value. This allows remote attackers to defeat cryptographic protection mechanisms. (CVE-2014-3570)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the dtls1_get_record() function when handling DTLS messages.
A remote attacker, using a specially crafted DTLS message, can cause a denial of service. (CVE-2014-3571)
- A flaw exists with ECDH handshakes when using an ECDSA certificate without a ServerKeyExchange message. This allows a remote attacker to trigger a loss of forward secrecy from the ciphersuite. (CVE-2014-3572)
- A flaw exists when accepting non-DER variations of certificate signature algorithms and signature encodings due to a lack of enforcement of matches between signed and unsigned portions. A remote attacker, by including crafted data within a certificate's unsigned portion, can bypass fingerprint-based certificate-blacklist protection mechanisms. (CVE-2014-8275)
- A security feature bypass vulnerability, known as FREAK (Factoring attack on RSA-EXPORT Keys), exists due to the support of weak EXPORT_RSA cipher suites with keys less than or equal to 512 bits. A man-in-the-middle attacker may be able to downgrade the SSL/TLS connection to use EXPORT_RSA cipher suites which can be factored in a short amount of time, allowing the attacker to intercept and decrypt the traffic. (CVE-2015-0204)
- A flaw exists when accepting DH certificates for client authentication without the CertificateVerify message.
This allows a remote attacker to authenticate to the service without a private key. (CVE-2015-0205)
- A memory leak occurs in dtls1_buffer_record() when handling a saturation of DTLS records containing the same number sequence but for the next epoch. This allows a remote attacker to cause a denial of service.
- An unspecified buffer overflow condition exists in VCRM due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote, authenticated attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code.
- An unspecified flaw exists in VCRM that allows a remote, authenticated attacker to modify values without proper authorization, gain unspecified access, cause a denial of service, or execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-5410)
- An unspecified flaw exists in VCRM that allows a remote, authenticated attacker to gain access to sensitive information. (CVE-2015-5411, CVE-2015-5413)
- A flaw exists in VCRM when handling certain sensitive actions due to HTTP requests not requiring multiple steps, explicit confirmation, or a unique token. A remote, authenticated attacker can exploit this to conduct a cross-site request forgery attack via a specially crafted link. (CVE-2015-5412)
SolutionUpgrade to HP Version Control Repository Manager for Linux 7.5.0 or later.