SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionMozilla Firefox was updated to version 38.2.1 ESR to fix several critical and non critical security vulnerabilities.
- Firefox was updated to 38.2.1 ESR (bsc#943608)
- MFSA 2015-94/CVE-2015-4497 (bsc#943557) Use-after-free when resizing canvas element during restyling
- MFSA 2015-95/CVE-2015-4498 (bsc#943558) Add-on notification bypass through data URLs
- Firefox was updated to 38.2.0 ESR (bsc#940806)
- MFSA 2015-78/CVE-2015-4495 (bmo#1178058, bmo#1179262) Same origin violation and local file stealing via PDF reader
- MFSA 2015-79/CVE-2015-4473/CVE-2015-4474 (bmo#1143130, bmo#1161719, bmo#1177501, bmo#1181204, bmo#1184068, bmo#1188590, bmo#1146213, bmo#1178890, bmo#1182711) Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:40.0 / rv:38.2)
- MFSA 2015-80/CVE-2015-4475 (bmo#1175396) Out-of-bounds read with malformed MP3 file
- MFSA 2015-83/CVE-2015-4479 (bmo#1185115, bmo#1144107, bmo#1170344, bmo#1186718) Overflow issues in libstagefright
- MFSA 2015-88/CVE-2015-4491 (bmo#1184009) Heap overflow in gdk-pixbuf when scaling bitmap images
- MFSA 2015-89/CVE-2015-4485/CVE-2015-4486 (bmo#1177948, bmo#1178148) Buffer overflows on Libvpx when decoding WebM video
- MFSA 2015-90/CVE-2015-4487/CVE-2015-4488/CVE-2015-4489 (bmo#1176270, bmo#1182723, bmo#1171603) Vulnerabilities found through code inspection
- MFSA 2015-92/CVE-2015-4492 (bmo#1185820) Use-after-free in XMLHttpRequest with shared workers
Mozilla NSS switched the CKBI ABI from 1.98 to 2.4, which is what Firefox 38ESR uses.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-472=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-472=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-472=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.