New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update to Thunderbird 38.2.0 fixes the following issues (bnc#940806) :
- MFSA 2015-79/CVE-2015-4473 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- MFSA 2015-80/CVE-2015-4475 (bmo#1175396) Out-of-bounds read with malformed MP3 file
- MFSA 2015-83/CVE-2015-4479/CVE-2015-4480/CVE-2015-4493 Overflow issues in libstagefright
- MFSA 2015-84/CVE-2015-4481 (bmo1171518) Arbitrary file overwriting through Mozilla Maintenance Service with hard links (only affected Windows)
- MFSA 2015-85/CVE-2015-4482 (bmo#1184500) Out-of-bounds write with Updater and malicious MAR file (does not affect openSUSE RPM packages which do not ship the updater)
- MFSA 2015-88/CVE-2015-4491 (bmo#1184009) Heap overflow in gdk-pixbuf when scaling bitmap images
- MFSA 2015-89/CVE-2015-4485/CVE-2015-4486 (bmo#1177948, bmo#1178148) Buffer overflows on Libvpx when decoding WebM video
- MFSA 2015-90/CVE-2015-4487/CVE-2015-4488/CVE-2015-4489 Vulnerabilities found through code inspection
- MFSA 2015-92/CVE-2015-4492 (bmo#1185820) Use-after-free in XMLHttpRequest with shared workers
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.