openSUSE Security Update : wireshark (openSUSE-2015-554)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 85609
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionWireshark was updated to fix several security vulnerabilities and bugs.
- Wireshark 1.12.7 [boo#941500] The following vulnerabilities have been fixed :
- Wireshark could crash when adding an item to the protocol tree. wnpa-sec-2015-21
- Wireshark could attempt to free invalid memory.
- Wireshark could crash when searching for a protocol dissector. wnpa-sec-2015-23
- The ZigBee dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-24
- The GSM RLC/MAC dissector could go into an infinite loop. wnpa-sec-2015-25
- The WaveAgent dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-26
- The OpenFlow dissector could go into an infinite loop.
- Wireshark could crash due to invalid ptvcursor length checking. wnpa-sec-2015-28
- The WCCP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-29
- Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.