Tenable SecurityCenter Multiple PHP Vulnerabilities (TNS-2015-06)
High Nessus Plugin ID 85566
SynopsisThe remote application is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe SecurityCenter application installed on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities in the bundled version of PHP that is prior to version 5.4.41. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw in the phar_parse_tarfile function in ext/phar/tar.c could allow a denial of service via a crafted entry in a tar archive.
- An integer overflow condition exists in the ftp_genlist() function in ftp.c due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a heap-based buffer overflow, resulting in a denial of service condition or possible remote code execution. (CVE-2015-4022)
- Multiple flaws exist related to using pathnames containing NULL bytes. A remote attacker can exploit these flaws, by combining the '\0' character with a safe file extension, to bypass access restrictions. This had been previously fixed but was reintroduced by a regression in versions 5.4+. (CVE-2006-7243, CVE-2015-4025)
- Multiple heap buffer overflow conditions exist in the bundled Perl-Compatible Regular Expression (PCRE) library due to improper validation of user-supplied input to the compile_branch() and pcre_compile2() functions. A remote attacker can exploit these conditions to cause a heap-based buffer overflow, resulting in a denial of service condition or the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2325, CVE-2015-2326)
- A security bypass vulnerability exists due to a flaw in the pcntl_exec implementation that truncates a pathname upon encountering the '\x00' character. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a crafted first argument, to bypass intended extension restrictions and execute arbitrary files. (CVE-2015-4026)
- A flaw exists in the multipart_buffer_headers() function in rfc1867.c due to improper handling of multipart/form-data in HTTP requests. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to cause a consumption of CPU resources, resulting in a denial of service condition.
SolutionApply the relevant patch referenced in the vendor advisory.