SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : libqt4 (SUSE-SU-2015:1359-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 85374
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe libqt4 library was updated to fix several security and non security issues.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- bsc#921999: CVE-2015-0295: division by zero when processing malformed BMP files
- bsc#927806: CVE-2015-1858: segmentation fault in BMP Qt Image Format Handling
- bsc#927807: CVE-2015-1859: segmentation fault in ICO Qt Image Format Handling
- bsc#927808: CVE-2015-1860: segmentation fault in GIF Qt Image Format Handling
The following non-secuirty issues were fixed :
- bsc#929688: Critical Problem in Qt Network Stack
- bsc#847880: kde/qt rendering error in qemu cirrus i586
- Update use-freetype-default.diff to use same method as with libqt5-qtbase package: Qt itself already does runtime check whether subpixel rendering is available, but only when FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING is defined. Thus it is enough to only remove that condition
- The -devel subpackage requires Mesa-devel, not only at build time
- Fixed compilation on SLE_11_SP3 by making it build against Mesa-devel on that system
- Replace patch l-qclipboard_fix_recursive.patch with qtcore-4.8.5-qeventdispatcher-recursive.patch. The later one seems to work better and really resolves the issue in LibreOffice
- Added kde4_qt_plugin_path.patch, so kde4 plugins are magically found/known outside kde4 enviroment/session
- added _constraints. building took up to 7GB of disk space on s390x, and more than 6GB on x86_64
- Add 3 patches for Qt bugs to make LibreOffice KDE4 file picker work properly again :
- Add glib-honor-ExcludeSocketNotifiers-flag.diff (QTBUG-37380)
- Add l-qclipboard_fix_recursive.patch (QTBUG-34614)
- Add l-qclipboard_delay.patch (QTBUG-38585)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-2015-380=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-380=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-380=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-380=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.