FreeBSD : devel/ipython -- CSRF possible remote execution vulnerability (81326883-2905-11e5-a4a5-002590263bf5)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 84707
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionKyle Kelley reports :
Summary: POST requests exposed via the IPython REST API are vulnerable to cross-site request forgery (CSRF). Web pages on different domains can make non-AJAX POST requests to known IPython URLs, and IPython will honor them. The user's browser will automatically send IPython cookies along with the requests. The response is blocked by the Same-Origin Policy, but the request isn't.
API paths with issues :
- POST /api/contents/<path>/<file>
- POST /api/contents/<path>/<file>/checkpoints
- POST /api/contents/<path>/<file>/checkpoints/<checkpoint_id>
- POST /api/kernels
- POST /api/kernels/<kernel_id>/<action>
- POST /api/sessions
- POST /api/clusters/<cluster_id>/<action>
SolutionUpdate the affected package.