SynopsisThe remote AIX host has a version of Java SDK installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Java SDK installed on the remote AIX host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- The Global Security Kit (GSKit) contains a flaw due to improper restrictions of TLS state transitions. A man-in-the-middle attacker can exploit this to downgrade the security of a session to use EXPORT_RSA ciphers.
This allows the attacker to more easily break the encryption and monitor or tamper with the encrypted stream. (CVE-2015-0138)
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows an attacker to execute code running under a security manager with elevated privileges.(CVE-2015-0192)
- A security feature bypass vulnerability, known as FREAK (Factoring attack on RSA-EXPORT Keys), exists due to the support of weak EXPORT_RSA cipher suites with keys less than or equal to 512 bits. A man-in-the-middle attacker may be able to downgrade the SSL/TLS connection to use EXPORT_RSA cipher suites which can be factored in a short amount of time, allowing the attacker to intercept and decrypt the traffic. (CVE-2015-0204)
- Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities exist in multiple Java subcomponents including 2D, Beans, Deployment, JCE, JSSE, and tools. (CVE-2015-0458, CVE-2015-0459, CVE-2015-0469, CVE-2015-0477, CVE-2015-0478, CVE-2015-0480, CVE-2015-0486, CVE-2015-0488, CVE-2015-0491)
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows a remote attacker to bypass permission checks and gain access to sensitive information. (CVE-2015-1914)
- An unspecified flaw exists due to the Socket Extension Provider's handling of TLS and SSL connections. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service.
- A security feature bypass vulnerability exists, known as Bar Mitzvah, due to improper combination of state data with key data by the RC4 cipher algorithm during the initialization phase. A man-in-the-middle attacker can exploit this, via a brute-force attack using LSB values, to decrypt the traffic. (CVE-2015-2808)
SolutionFixes are available by version and can be downloaded from the IBM AIX website.