SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionXEN was updated to fix two security issues and bugs.
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2015-3340: Xen did not initialize certain fields, which allowed certain remote service domains to obtain sensitive information from memory via a (1) XEN_DOMCTL_gettscinfo or (2) XEN_SYSCTL_getdomaininfolist request.
- CVE-2015-2751: Xen, when using toolstack disaggregation, allowed remote domains with partial management control to cause a denial of service (host lock) via unspecified domctl operations.
- CVE-2015-2752: The XEN_DOMCTL_memory_mapping hypercall in Xen, when using a PCI passthrough device, was not preemptable, which allowed local x86 HVM domain users to cause a denial of service (host CPU consumption) via a crafted request to the device model (qemu-dm).
- CVE-2015-3456: Fixed a buffer overflow in the floppy drive emulation, which could be used to denial of service attacks or potential code execution against the host.
Bugs fixed :
- xentop: Fix memory leak on read failure
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-206=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-206=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-206=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.