SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : MozillaFirefox (SUSE-SU-2015:0076-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 83666
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update fixes the following security issues in MozillaFirefox :
- MFSA 2015-01/CVE-2014-8634/CVE-2014-8635 (bmo#1109889, bmo#1111737, bmo#1026774, bmo#1027300, bmo#1054538, bmo#1067473, bmo#1070962, bmo#1072130, bmo#1072871, bmo#1098583) Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:35.0 / rv:31.4)
- MFSA 2015-03/CVE-2014-8638 (bmo#1080987) sendBeacon requests lack an Origin header
- MFSA 2015-04/CVE-2014-8639 (bmo#1095859) Cookie injection through Proxy Authenticate responses
- MFSA 2015-06/CVE-2014-8641 (bmo#1108455) Read-after-free in WebRTC
Also Mozilla NSS was updated to 3.17.3 to fix :
- The QuickDER decoder now decodes lengths robustly (bmo#1064670/CVE-2014-1569)
- Support for TLS_FALLBACK_SCSV has been added to the ssltap and tstclnt utilities
- Changes in CA certificates
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-26
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-26
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-26
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.