SUSE SLED11 Security Update : lcms2 (SUSE-SU-2013:1250-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 83593
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
Descriptionlcms2 has been updated to the version 2.5 which is a maintenance release to fix various security and other bugs.
- User defined parametric curves can now be saved in ICC profiles.
- RGB profiles using same tone curves for several channels are storing now only one copy of the curve
- update black point detection algorithm to reflect ICC changes
- Added new cmsPlugInTHR() and fixed some race conditions
- Added error descriptions on cmsSmoothToneCurve
- Several improvements in cgats parser.
- Fixed devicelink generation for 8 bits
- Added a reference for Mac MLU tag
- Added a way to read the profile creator from header
- Added identity curves support for write V2 LUT
- Added TIFF Lab16 handling on tifficc
- Fixed a bug in parametric curves
- Rendering intent used when creating the transform is now propagated to profile header in cmsTransform2Devicelink.
- Transform2Devicelink now keeps white point when guessing deviceclass is enabled
- Added some checks for non-happy path, mostly failing mallocs (bnc#826097).
For further changes please see the ChangeLog in the RPM.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP3 :
zypper in -t patch sdksp3-lcms2-8091
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP3 :
zypper in -t patch sledsp3-lcms2-8091
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.