New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe ClamAV antivirus engine was updated to version 0.98.7 to fix several security and non-security issues.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed (bsc#929192) :
- CVE-2015-2170: Fix crash in upx decoder with crafted file. Discovered and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- CVE-2015-2221: Fix infinite loop condition on crafted y0da cryptor file. Identified and patch suggested by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- CVE-2015-2222: Fix crash on crafted petite packed file.
Reported and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- CVE-2015-2668: Fix an infinite loop condition on a crafted 'xz' archive file. This was reported by Dimitri Kirchner and Goulven Guiheux.
- CVE-2015-2305: Apply upstream patch for possible heap overflow in Henry Spencer's regex library.
The following bugfixes were applyed (bsc#929192) :
- Fix false negatives on files within iso9660 containers.
This issue was reported by Minzhuan Gong.
- Fix a couple crashes on crafted upack packed file.
Identified and patches supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix a crash during algorithmic detection on crafted PE file. Identified and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix compilation error after ./configure
--disable-pthreads. Reported and fix suggested by John E. Krokes.
- Fix segfault scanning certain HTML files. Reported with sample by Kai Risku.
- Improve detections within xar/pkg files.
- Improvements to PDF processing: decryption, escape sequence handling, and file property collection.
- Scanning/analysis of additional Microsoft Office 2003 XML format.
SolutionUpdate the affected clamav packages.