SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe ClamAV antivirus engine was updated to version 0.98.7 to fix several security and non-security issues.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed (bsc#929192) :
- CVE-2015-2170: Fix crash in upx decoder with crafted file. Discovered and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- CVE-2015-2221: Fix infinite loop condition on crafted y0da cryptor file. Identified and patch suggested by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- CVE-2015-2222: Fix crash on crafted petite packed file.
Reported and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- CVE-2015-2668: Fix an infinite loop condition on a crafted 'xz' archive file. This was reported by Dimitri Kirchner and Goulven Guiheux.
- CVE-2015-2305: Apply upstream patch for possible heap overflow in Henry Spencer's regex library.
The following bugfixes were applyed (bsc#929192) :
- Fix false negatives on files within iso9660 containers.
This issue was reported by Minzhuan Gong.
- Fix a couple crashes on crafted upack packed file.
Identified and patches supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix a crash during algorithmic detection on crafted PE file. Identified and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix compilation error after ./configure
--disable-pthreads. Reported and fix suggested by John E. Krokes.
- Fix segfault scanning certain HTML files. Reported with sample by Kai Risku.
- Improve detections within xar/pkg files.
- Improvements to PDF processing: decryption, escape sequence handling, and file property collection.
- Scanning/analysis of additional Microsoft Office 2003 XML format.
SolutionUpdate the affected clamav packages.