PHP 5.4.x < 5.4.41 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 83517
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.4.x running on the remote web server is prior to 5.4.41. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Multiple unspecified flaws in pcrelib.
- A flaw in the phar_parse_tarfile function in ext/phar/tar.c could allow a denial of service via a crafted entry in a tar archive.
- An integer overflow condition exists in the ftp_genlist() function in ftp.c due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a heap-based buffer overflow, resulting in a denial of service condition or possible remote code execution. (CVE-2015-4022)
- Multiple flaws exist related to using pathnames containing NULL bytes. A remote attacker can exploit these flaws, by combining the '\0' character with a safe file extension, to bypass access restrictions. This had been previously fixed but was reintroduced by a regression in versions 5.4+. (CVE-2006-7243, CVE-2015-4025)
- A flaw exists in the multipart_buffer_headers() function in rfc1867.c due to improper handling of multipart/form-data in HTTP requests. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to cause a consumption of CPU resources, resulting in a denial of service condition.
- A security bypass vulnerability exists due to a flaw in the pcntl_exec implementation that truncates a pathname upon encountering the '\x00' character. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a crafted first argument, to bypass intended extension restrictions and execute arbitrary files. (CVE-2015-4026)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.4.41 or later.