openSUSE Security Update : Chromium (openSUSE-2015-320)
High Nessus Plugin ID 83025
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionChromium was updated to latest stable release 42.0.2311.90 to fix security issues and bugs. The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- CVE-2015-1235: Cross-origin-bypass in HTML parser.
- CVE-2015-1236: Cross-origin-bypass in Blink.
- CVE-2015-1237: Use-after-free in IPC.
- CVE-2015-1238: Out-of-bounds write in Skia.
- CVE-2015-1240: Out-of-bounds read in WebGL.
- CVE-2015-1241: Tap-Jacking.
- CVE-2015-1242: Type confusion in V8.
- CVE-2015-1244: HSTS bypass in WebSockets.
- CVE-2015-1245: Use-after-free in PDFium.
- CVE-2015-1246: Out-of-bounds read in Blink.
- CVE-2015-1247: Scheme issues in OpenSearch.
- CVE-2015-1248: SafeBrowsing bypass.
- CVE-2015-1249: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
- CVE-2015-3333: Multiple vulnerabilities in V8 fixed at the tip of the 4.2 branch (currently 126.96.36.199).
- CVE-2015-3336: fullscreen and UI locking without user confirmeation
- CVE-2015-3335: unspecified impact of crafed programs running in NaCl sandbox
- CVE-2015-3334: 'Media: Allowed by you' sometimes not shown in a permissions table
New functionality added :
- A number of new apps, extension and Web Platform APIs (including the Push API!)
- Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance
SolutionUpdate the affected Chromium packages.