SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe Linux kernel was updated to fix various bugs and security issues.
Following security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2014-8173: A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the way the Linux kernels madvise MADV_WILLNEED functionality handled page table locking. A local, unprivileged user could have used this flaw to crash the system.
- CVE-2015-1593: A integer overflow reduced the effectiveness of the stack randomization on 64-bit systems.
- CVE-2014-7822: A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernels splice() system call validated its parameters.
On certain file systems, a local, unprivileged user could have used this flaw to write past the maximum file size, and thus crash the system.
- CVE-2014-9419: The __switch_to function in arch/x86/kernel/process_64.c in the Linux kernel did not ensure that Thread Local Storage (TLS) descriptors are loaded before proceeding with other steps, which made it easier for local users to bypass the ASLR protection mechanism via a crafted application that reads a TLS base address.
- CVE-2014-8134: The paravirt_ops_setup function in arch/x86/kernel/kvm.c in the Linux kernel used an improper paravirt_enabled setting for KVM guest kernels, which made it easier for guest OS users to bypass the ASLR protection mechanism via a crafted application that reads a 16-bit value.
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_generic.c in the Linux kernel generated incorrect conntrack entries during handling of certain iptables rule sets for the SCTP, DCCP, GRE, and UDP-Lite protocols, which allowed remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions via packets with disallowed port numbers.
- CVE-2014-9529: Race condition in the key_gc_unused_keys function in security/keys/gc.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption or panic) or possibly have unspecified other impact via keyctl commands that trigger access to a key structure member during garbage collection of a key.
- CVE-2014-8559: The d_walk function in fs/dcache.c in the Linux kernel through did not properly maintain the semantics of rename_lock, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (deadlock and system hang) via a crafted application.
- CVE-2014-9420: The rock_continue function in fs/isofs/rock.c in the Linux kernel did not restrict the number of Rock Ridge continuation entries, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop, and system crash or hang) via a crafted iso9660 image.
- CVE-2014-9584: The parse_rock_ridge_inode_internal function in fs/isofs/rock.c in the Linux kernel did not validate a length value in the Extensions Reference (ER) System Use Field, which allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a crafted iso9660 image.
- CVE-2014-9585: The vdso_addr function in arch/x86/vdso/vma.c in the Linux kernel did not properly choose memory locations for the vDSO area, which made it easier for local users to bypass the ASLR protection mechanism by guessing a location at the end of a PMD.
Following bugs were fixed :
- HID: usbhid: enable always-poll quirk for Elan Touchscreen 0103 (bnc#920901).
- HID: usbhid: enable always-poll quirk for Elan Touchscreen 016f (bnc#920901).
- HID: usbhid: enable always-poll quirk for Elan Touchscreen 009b (bnc#920901).
- HID: usbhid: add another mouse that needs QUIRK_ALWAYS_POLL (bnc#920901).
- HID: usbhid: fix PIXART optical mouse (bnc#920901).
- HID: usbhid: enable always-poll quirk for Elan Touchscreen (bnc#920901).
- HID: usbhid: add always-poll quirk (bnc#920901).
- storvsc: ring buffer failures may result in I/O freeze (bnc#914175).
- mm, vmscan: prevent kswapd livelock due to pfmemalloc-throttled process being killed (VM Functionality bnc#910150).
- Input: evdev - fix EVIOCG(type) ioctl (bnc#904899).
- mnt: Implicitly add MNT_NODEV on remount when it was implicitly added by mount (bsc#907988).
- DocBook: Do not exceed argument list limit.
- DocBook: Make mandocs parallel-safe.
- mm: free compound page with correct order (bnc#913695).
- udf: Check component length before reading it.
- udf: Check path length when reading symlink.
- udf: Verify symlink size before loading it.
- udf: Verify i_size when loading inode.
- xfs: remote attribute overwrite causes transaction overrun.
SolutionUpdate the affected the Linux Kernel packages.