SynopsisThe remote host has a device management application installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe VMware Workspace Portal (formerly known as VMware Horizon Workspace) installed on the remote host is version 2.x prior to 2.1.1.
It is, therefore, affected by a man-in-the-middle (MitM) information disclosure vulnerability known as POODLE. The vulnerability is due to the way SSL 3.0 handles padding bytes when decrypting messages encrypted using block ciphers in cipher block chaining (CBC) mode.
MitM attackers can decrypt a selected byte of a cipher text in as few as 256 tries if they are able to force a victim application to repeatedly send the same data over newly created SSL 3.0 connections.
Additionally, unspecified vulnerabilities also exist in the following bundled Java components :
- 2D (CVE-2014-6585, CVE-2014-6591)
- Deployment (CVE-2015-0403, CVE-2015-0406)
- Hotspot (CVE-2014-6601, CVE-2015-0383, CVE-2015-0395, CVE-2015-0437)
- Installation (CVE-2015-0421)
- JAX-WS (CVE-2015-0412)
- JSSE (CVE-2014-6593)
- Libraries (CVE-2014-6549, CVE-2014-6587, CVE-2015-0400)
- RMI (CVE-2015-0408)
- Security (CVE-2015-0410)
- Serviceability (CVE-2015-0413)
- Swing (CVE-2015-0407)
SolutionUpgrade to VMware Workspace Portal 2.1.1 or later.