New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9
SynopsisThe remote Windows host has an application installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe VMware Horizon View installed on the remote Windows host is version 5.x prior to 5.3.4 or version 6.x prior to 6.1. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A man-in-the-middle (MitM) information disclosure vulnerability, known as POODLE, exists due to the way SSL 3.0 handles padding bytes when decrypting messages encrypted using block ciphers in cipher block chaining (CBC) mode. A MitM attacker can decrypt a selected byte of a cipher text in as few as 256 tries if they are able to force a victim application to repeatedly send the same data over newly created SSL 3.0 connections.
- An XML external entity (XXE) injection vulnerability exists in the included Flex BlazeDS component due to an incorrect configuration of the XML parser that allows external XML entities to be accepted from untrusted sources. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this vulnerability, via a via a crafted AMF message, to gain access to sensitive information. (CVE-2015-3269)
- A flaw exists in the bundled Adobe ColdFusion and LiveCycle Data Services components related to request handling between a user and the server. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted request, to bypass access restrictions (e.g. host or network ACLs), conduct port scanning of internal networks, enumerate internal hosts, or possibly invoke additional protocols (e.g. Gopher, TFTP).
Additionally, unspecified vulnerabilities also exist in the following bundled Java components :
- 2D (CVE-2014-6585, CVE-2014-6591)
- Deployment (CVE-2015-0403, CVE-2015-0406)
- Hotspot (CVE-2014-6601, CVE-2015-0383, CVE-2015-0395, CVE-2015-0437)
- Installation (CVE-2015-0421)
- JAX-WS (CVE-2015-0412)
- JSSE (CVE-2014-6593)
- Libraries (CVE-2014-6549, CVE-2014-6587, CVE-2015-0400)
- RMI (CVE-2015-0408)
- Security (CVE-2015-0410)
- Serviceability (CVE-2015-0413)
- Swing (CVE-2015-0407)
SolutionUpgrade to VMware Horizon View version 5.3.4 / 6.1 or later.