New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6
SynopsisThe remote device is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the remote Apple TV device is a version prior to 7.2. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities exist in WebKit due to improperly validated user-supplied input.
A remote attacker, using a specially crafted website, can exploit these to execute arbitrary code.
(CVE-2015-1068, CVE-2015-1069, CVE-2015-1070, CVE-2015-1071, CVE-2015-1072, CVE-2015-1073, CVE-2015-1074, CVE-2015-1076, CVE-2015-1077, CVE-2015-1078, CVE-2015-1079, CVE-2015-1080, CVE-2015-1081, CVE-2015-1082, CVE-2015-1083, CVE-2015-1119, CVE-2015-1120, CVE-2015-1121, CVE-2015-1122, CVE-2015-1123, CVE-2015-1124)
- An error exists in the IOKit objects due to improper validation of metadata used by an audio driver, which allows arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-1086)
- An XML External Entity (XXE) injection vulnerability exists in the NSXMLParser due to improper handling of XML files, which allows information disclosure.
- An error exists in the IOAcceleratorFamily that allows the kernel memory layout to be disclosed.
- A memory corruption vulnerability exists in the IOHIDFamily API that allows arbitrary code execution.
- An error exists in the IOHIDFamily due to improper bounds checking, which allows the kernel memory layout to be disclosed. (CVE-2015-1096)
- An error exists in the MobileFrameBuffer due to improper bounds checking, which allows the kernel memory layout to be disclosed. (CVE-2015-1097)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the setreuid() system call due to a race condition.
- An out-of-bounds memory error exists in the kernel that allows a denial of service attack or information disclosure. (CVE-2015-1100)
- A memory corruption vulnerability exists in the kernel that allows arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-1101)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists due to a state inconsistency in the processing of TCP headers, which can only be exploited from an adjacent network.
- A vulnerability exists that allows a man-in-the-middle attacker to redirect traffic via ICMP redirects.
- A security bypass vulnerability exists due to the system treating remote IPv6 packets as local packets, which allows an attacker to bypass network filters.
- A denial of service vulnerability exists due to improper processing of TCP out-of-band data, which allows a denial of service by a remote attacker. (CVE-2015-1105)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists due to unique identifiers being sent to remote servers when downloading assets for a podcast. (CVE-2015-1110)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the third-party application sandbox that allows hardware identifiers to be accessible by other applications.
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists in the setreuid() and setregid() system calls due to a failure to drop privileges permanently. (CVE-2015-1117)
- A memory corruption vulnerability exists due to improper bounds checking when processing configuration profiles, which allows a denial of service attack. (CVE-2015-1118)
SolutionUpgrade to Apple TV 7.2 or later. Note that this update is only available for 3rd generation and later models.