SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMozillaFirefox was updated to Firefox 36.0.4 to fix two critical security issues found during Pwn2Own :
- MFSA 2015-28/CVE-2015-0818 (bmo#1144988) Privilege escalation through SVG navigation
Als fixed were the following bugs :
- Copy the icons to /usr/share/icons instead of symlinking them: in preparation for containerized apps (e.g.
xdg-app) as well as AppStream metadata extraction, there are a couple locations that need to be real files for system integration (.desktop files, icons, mime-type info).
- update to Firefox 36.0.1 Bugfixes :
- Disable the usage of the ANY DNS query type (bmo#1093983)
- Hello may become inactive until restart (bmo#1137469)
- Print preferences may not be preserved (bmo#1136855)
- Hello contact tabs may not be visible (bmo#1137141)
- Accept hostnames that include an underscore character ('_') (bmo#1136616)
- WebGL may use significant memory with Canvas2d (bmo#1137251)
- Option -remote has been restored (bmo#1080319)
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox packages.