Debian DLA-118-1 : linux-2.6 security update
High Nessus Plugin ID 82101
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security update.
DescriptionNon-maintainer upload by the Squeeze LTS and Kernel Teams.
New upstream stable release 18.104.22.168, see http://lkml.org/lkml/2014/12/13/81 for more information.
The stable release 22.214.171.124 includes the following new commits compared to the previous 2.6.32-48squeeze9 package :
- USB: whiteheat: Added bounds checking for bulk command response (CVE-2014-3185)
- net: sctp: fix panic on duplicate ASCONF chunks (CVE-2014-3687)
- net: sctp: fix remote memory pressure from excessive queueing (CVE-2014-3688)
- udf: Avoid infinite loop when processing indirect ICBs (CVE-2014-6410)
- net: sctp: fix NULL pointer dereference in af->from_addr_param on malformed packet (CVE-2014-7841)
- mac80211: fix fragmentation code, particularly for encryption (CVE-2014-8709)
- ttusb-dec: buffer overflow in ioctl (CVE-2014-8884)
We recommend that you upgrade your linux-2.6 packages.
We apologize for a minor cosmetic glitch :
The following commits were already included in 2.6.32-48squeeze9 despite claims in debian/changelog they were only fixed in 2.6.32-48squeez10 :
- vlan: Don't propagate flag changes on down interfaces.
- sctp: Fix double-free introduced by bad backport in 126.96.36.199
- md/raid6: Fix misapplied backport in 188.8.131.52
- block: add missing blk_queue_dead() checks
- block: Fix blk_execute_rq_nowait() dead queue handling
- proc connector: Delete spurious memset in proc_exit_connector()
NOTE: Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the DLA security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpgrade the affected packages.