SynopsisThe remote device is missing a vendor-supplied security patch.
DescriptionThe remote Cisco device is running a version of Cisco IOS XE software that is affected by a heap-based buffer overflow vulnerability in the GNU C Library (glibc) due to improperly validated user-supplied input to the __nss_hostname_digits_dots(), gethostbyname(), and gethostbyname2() functions. This allows a remote attacker to cause a buffer overflow, resulting in a denial of service condition or the execution of arbitrary code.
Note that only the following devices are listed as affected :
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Cisco ASR 920 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Cisco ASR 900 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Cisco 4400 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco 4300 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V Series
SolutionApply the relevant patch referenced in Cisco bug ID CSCus69732.