Firefox < 36.0 Multiple Vulnerabilities (Mac OS X)
High Nessus Plugin ID 81518
SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Firefox installed on the remote Mac OS X host is prior to 36.0. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An issue exists that allows whitelisted Mozilla domains to make 'UITour' API calls while UI Tour pages are present in background tabs. This allows an attacker, via a compromised Mozilla domain, to engage in spoofing and clickjacking in any foreground tab. (CVE-2015-0819)
- An issue exists when opening hyperlinks on a page with the mouse and specific keyboard key combinations that allows a Chrome privileged URL to be opened without context restrictions being preserved. Additionally, the issue allows the opening of local files and resources from a known location to be opened with local privileges, bypassing security protections.
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists related to the autocomplete feature that allows an attacker to read arbitrary files. (CVE-2015-0822)
- A use-after-free error exists with the OpenType Sanitiser (OTS) when expanding macros. (CVE-2015-0823)
- An issue exists in the DrawTarget() function of the Cairo graphics library that allows an attacker cause a segmentation fault, resulting in a denial of service.
- A buffer underflow issue exists during audio playback of invalid MP3 audio files. (CVE-2015-0825)
- An out-of-bounds read issue exists while restyling and reflowing changes of web content with CSS, resulting in a denial of service condition or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0826)
- An out-of-bounds read and write issue exists when processing invalid SVG graphic files. This allows an attacker to disclose sensitive information.
- A double-free issue exists when sending a zero-length XmlHttpRequest (XHR) object due to errors in memory allocation when using different memory allocator libraries than 'jemalloc'. This allows an attacker to crash the application. (CVE-2015-0828)
- A buffer overflow issue exists in the 'libstagefright' library when processing invalid MP4 video files, resulting in a denial of service condition or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0829)
- An unspecified issue exists that allows an attacker, via specially crafted WebGL content, to cause a denial of service condition. (CVE-2015-0830)
- A use-after-free issue exists when running specific web content with 'IndexedDB' to create an index, resulting in a denial of service condition or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0831)
- An issue exists when a period is appended to a hostname that results in a bypass of the Public Key Pinning Extension for HTTP (HPKP) and HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) when certificate pinning is set to strict mode. An attacker can exploit this issue to perform man-in-the-middle attacks if the attacker has a security certificate for a domain with the added period.
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists due to the lack of TLS support for connections to TURN and STUN servers, resulting in cleartext connections.
- Multiple unspecified memory safety issues exist within the browser engine. (CVE-2015-0835, CVE-2015-0836)
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 36.0 or later.