New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Descriptionperl-YAML-LibYAML was updated to version 0.59 to fix four security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2013-6393: The yaml_parser_scan_tag_uri function in scanner.c in LibYAML before 0.1.5 performs an incorrect cast, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via crafted tags in a YAML document, which triggers a heap-based buffer overflow (bnc#860617, bnc#911782).
- CVE-2012-1152: Multiple format string vulnerabilities in the error reporting functionality in the YAML::LibYAML (aka YAML-LibYAML and perl-YAML-LibYAML) module 0.38 for Perl allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (process crash) via format string specifiers in a (1) YAML stream to the Load function, (2) YAML node to the load_node function, (3) YAML mapping to the load_mapping function, or (4) YAML sequence to the load_sequence function (bnc#751503).
- CVE-2014-9130: scanner.c in LibYAML 0.1.5 and 0.1.6, as used in the YAML-LibYAML (aka YAML-XS) module for Perl, allowed context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (assertion failure and crash) via vectors involving line-wrapping (bnc#907809, bnc#911782).
- CVE-2014-2525: Heap-based buffer overflow in the yaml_parser_scan_uri_escapes function in LibYAML before 0.1.6 allowed context-dependent attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long sequence of percent-encoded characters in a URI in a YAML file (bnc#868944, bnc#911782).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- PR/23 Better scalar dump heuristics
- More closely match YAML.pm
- Add a VERSION statement to YAML::LibYAML (issue#8)
- Applied fix for PR/21. nawglan++
- Use Swim cpan-tail block functions in doc
- Get YAML::XS using latest libyaml
- Fix for https://bitbucket.org/xi/libyaml/issue/10/wrapped-string s-cause-assert-failure
- Fix e1 test failure on 5.21.4
- Remove =travis section
- Meta 0.0.2
- Eliminate spurious trailing whitespace
- Add t/000-compile-modules.t
- Fix swim errors
- Add badges to doc
- Fix ReadMe
- Fix Meta and add Contributing.
- Doc fix. GitHub-Issue-#6. Thanks to Debian Perl Group for finding this.
- Test::Base tests needed 'inc' in @INC
- Switch to Zilla::Dist
- No longer dep on Test::Base, Spiffy, and Filter::Util::Call
- Remove test/changes.t
- Removed another C++ // style comment. jdb++
- Removed C++ // style comments, for better portability.
- Using the latest libyaml codebase
- Changes have been made to start moving libyaml to 1.2
SolutionUpdate the affected perl-YAML-LibYAML packages.