openSUSE Security Update : perl-YAML-LibYAML (openSUSE-2015-162)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 81417
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Descriptionperl-YAML-LibYAML was updated to version 0.59 to fix four security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2013-6393: The yaml_parser_scan_tag_uri function in scanner.c in LibYAML before 0.1.5 performs an incorrect cast, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via crafted tags in a YAML document, which triggers a heap-based buffer overflow (bnc#860617, bnc#911782).
- CVE-2012-1152: Multiple format string vulnerabilities in the error reporting functionality in the YAML::LibYAML (aka YAML-LibYAML and perl-YAML-LibYAML) module 0.38 for Perl allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (process crash) via format string specifiers in a (1) YAML stream to the Load function, (2) YAML node to the load_node function, (3) YAML mapping to the load_mapping function, or (4) YAML sequence to the load_sequence function (bnc#751503).
- CVE-2014-9130: scanner.c in LibYAML 0.1.5 and 0.1.6, as used in the YAML-LibYAML (aka YAML-XS) module for Perl, allowed context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (assertion failure and crash) via vectors involving line-wrapping (bnc#907809, bnc#911782).
- CVE-2014-2525: Heap-based buffer overflow in the yaml_parser_scan_uri_escapes function in LibYAML before 0.1.6 allowed context-dependent attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long sequence of percent-encoded characters in a URI in a YAML file (bnc#868944, bnc#911782).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- PR/23 Better scalar dump heuristics
- More closely match YAML.pm
- Add a VERSION statement to YAML::LibYAML (issue#8)
- Applied fix for PR/21. nawglan++
- Use Swim cpan-tail block functions in doc
- Get YAML::XS using latest libyaml
- Fix for https://bitbucket.org/xi/libyaml/issue/10/wrapped-string s-cause-assert-failure
- Fix e1 test failure on 5.21.4
- Remove =travis section
- Meta 0.0.2
- Eliminate spurious trailing whitespace
- Add t/000-compile-modules.t
- Fix swim errors
- Add badges to doc
- Fix ReadMe
- Fix Meta and add Contributing.
- Doc fix. GitHub-Issue-#6. Thanks to Debian Perl Group for finding this.
- Test::Base tests needed 'inc' in @INC
- Switch to Zilla::Dist
- No longer dep on Test::Base, Spiffy, and Filter::Util::Call
- Remove test/changes.t
- Removed another C++ // style comment. jdb++
- Removed C++ // style comments, for better portability.
- Using the latest libyaml codebase
- Changes have been made to start moving libyaml to 1.2
SolutionUpdate the affected perl-YAML-LibYAML packages.