openSUSE Security Update : curl (openSUSE-2015-125)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 81287
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Descriptionwas updated to version 7.40.0 to fix two security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2014-8150: CRLF injection vulnerability in libcurl 6.0 through 7.x before 7.40.0, when using an HTTP proxy, allowed remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTTP headers and conduct HTTP response splitting attacks via CRLF sequences in a URL (bnc#911363).
- CVE-2014-3707: The curl_easy_duphandle function in libcurl 7.17.1 through 7.38.0, when running with the CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS option, did not properly copy HTTP POST data for an easy handle, which triggered an out-of-bounds read that allowed remote web servers to read sensitive memory information (bnc#901924).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- http_digest: Added support for Windows SSPI based authentication
- version info: Added Kerberos V5 to the supported features
- Makefile: Added VC targets for WinIDN
- SSL: Add PEM format support for public key pinning
- smtp: Added support for the conversion of Unix newlines during mail send
- smb: Added initial support for the SMB/CIFS protocol
- Added support for HTTP over unix domain sockets,
- via CURLOPT_UNIX_SOCKET_PATH and --unix-socket
- sasl: Added support for GSS-API based Kerberos V5 authentication
SolutionUpdate the affected curl packages.