SynopsisThe remote device is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the remote Apple TV device is a version prior to 7.0.3. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist, related to the included version of WebKit, that allow application crashes or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-3192, CVE-2014-4459, CVE-2014-4466, CVE-2014-4468, CVE-2014-4469, CVE-2014-4470, CVE-2014-4471, CVE-2014-4472, CVE-2014-4473, CVE-2014-4474, CVE-2014-4475, CVE-2014-4476, CVE-2014-4477, CVE-2014-4479)
- A state management issue exists due to improperly handling overlapping segments in Mach-O executable files. A local user can exploit this issue to execute unsigned code. (CVE-2014-4455)
- A security bypass issue exists due to improper validation of SVG files loaded in an IMG element. An attacker can load a CSS of cross-origin resulting in information disclosure. (CVE-2014-4465)
- An issue exists due to the symbolic linking performed by the 'afc' command which allows an attacker to access arbitrary files on the system. (CVE-2014-4480)
- An integer overflow issue exists due to improper bounds checking when processing PDF files. (CVE-2014-4481)
- A buffer overflow issue exists due to improper bounds checking when processing fonts in PDF files.
- A memory corruption issue exists due to improper bounds checking when processing '.dfont' files.
- A buffer overflow issue exists due to improper bounds checking when processing XML files. (CVE-2014-4485)
- A null pointer dereference issue exists due to the handling of resource lists in the IOAcceleratorFamily kernel extension. (CVE-2014-4486)
- A buffer overflow issue exists due to improper size validation in the IOHIDFamily. (CVE-2014-4487)
- A validation issue exists due to the handling of resource queue metadata in the IOHIDFamily kernel extension. (CVE-2014-4488)
- A null pointer dereference issue exists due to the handling of event queues in the IOHIDFamily kernel extension. (CVE-2014-4489)
- An information disclosure issue exists due to the handling of APIs related to kernel extensions in which kernel addresses may be revealed. An attacker can leverage this to bypass ASLR protections.
- Multiple type confusion issues exists due to improper type checking during interprocess communication in the network daemon (networkd). (CVE-2014-4492)
- An issue exists due to improper checking of shared memory permissions in the kernel shared memory subsystem. (CVE-2014-4495)
- An information disclosure issue exists due to mach_port_kobject kernel interface leaking kernel addresses and heap permutation values. An attacker can leverage this to bypass ASLR protections.
Note that arbitrary code execution is possible with the above issues assigned CVE-2014-4481 through CVE-2014-4489, CVE-2014-4492, and CVE-2014-4495.
SolutionUpgrade to Apple TV 7.0.3 or later. Note that this update is only available for 3rd generation and later models.