PHP 5.6.x < 5.6.5 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 81082
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.6.x installed on the remote host is prior to 5.6.5. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- A double free vulnerability in the zend_ts_hash_graceful_destroy function in zend_ts_hash.c in the Zend Engine could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2014-9425)
- An out-of-bounds read flaw in file 'cgi_main.c' exists when nmap is used to process an invalid file that begins with a hash character (#) but lacks a newline character.
A remote attacker, using a specially crafted PHP file, can exploit this vulnerability to disclose memory contents, cause a denial of service, or possibly execute code. (CVE-2014-9427)
- The mconvert function in softmagic.c does not properly handle a certain string-length field during a copy of a truncated version of a Pascal string, which could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service.
- An out-of-bounds read issue exists in the GetCode_() function in 'gd_gif_in.c'. This allows a remote attacker to disclose memory contents. (CVE-2014-9709)
- A use-after-free memory error exists in the process_nested_data() function in 'var_unserializer.re' due to improper handling of duplicate numerical keys within the serialized properties of an object. A remote attacker, using a crafted unserialize method call, can exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code.
- A flaw exists in the exif_process_unicode() function in 'exif.c' that allows freeing an uninitialized pointer. A remote attacker, using specially crafted EXIF data in a JPEG image, can exploit this to cause a denial of service or to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-0232)
Note that Nessus has not attempted to exploit these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.6.5 or later.