New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Solaris system is missing a security patch for third-party software.
DescriptionThe remote Solaris system is missing necessary patches to address security updates :
- Session fixation vulnerability in the Sessions subsystem in PHP before 5.5.2 allows remote attackers to hijack web sessions by specifying a session ID. (CVE-2011-4718)
- Unspecified vulnerability in the _php_stream_scandir function in the stream implementation in PHP before 5.3.15 and 5.4.x before 5.4.5 has unknown impact and remote attack vectors, related to an 'overflow.' (CVE-2012-2688)
- The SQLite functionality in PHP before 5.3.15 allows remote attackers to bypass the open_basedir protection mechanism via unspecified vectors. (CVE-2012-3365)
- ext/soap/soap.c in PHP before 5.3.22 and 5.4.x before 5.4.13 does not validate the relationship between the soap.wsdl_cache_dir directive and the open_basedir directive, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions by triggering the creation of cached SOAP WSDL files in an arbitrary directory.
- The SOAP parser in PHP before 5.3.23 and 5.4.x before 5.4.13 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a SOAP WSDL file containing an XML external entity declaration in conjunction with an entity reference, related to an XML External Entity (XXE) issue in the soap_xmlParseFile and soap_xmlParseMemory functions.
NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incorrect fix for CVE-2013-1824. (CVE-2013-1643)
- Heap-based buffer overflow in the php_quot_print_encode function in ext/ standard/quot_print.c in PHP before 5.3.26 and 5.4.x before 5.4.16 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted argument to the quoted_printable_encode function.
- ext/xml/xml.c in PHP before 5.3.27 does not properly consider parsing depth, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (heap memory corruption) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted document that is processed by the xml_parse_into_struct function. (CVE-2013-4113)
- The openssl_x509_parse function in openssl.c in the OpenSSL module in PHP before 5.4.18 and 5.5.x before 5.5.2 does not properly handle a '\0' character in a domain name in the Subject Alternative Name field of an X.509 certificate, which allows man-in-the-middle attackers to spoof arbitrary SSL servers via a crafted certificate issued by a legitimate Certification Authority, a related issue to CVE-2009-2408.
- Integer overflow in the SdnToJewish function in jewish.c in the Calendar component in PHP before 5.3.26 and 5.4.x before 5.4.16 allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (application hang) via a large argument to the jdtojewish function. (CVE-2013-4635)
- The mget function in libmagic/softmagic.c in the Fileinfo component in PHP 5.4.x before 5.4.16 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (invalid pointer dereference and application crash) via an MP3 file that triggers incorrect MIME type detection during access to an finfo object. (CVE-2013-4636)
SolutionUpgrade to Solaris 22.214.171.124.0.