Oracle Solaris Third-Party Patch Update : perl-58 (cve_2012_5526_configuration_vulnerability1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 80731
SynopsisThe remote Solaris system is missing a security patch for third-party software.
DescriptionThe remote Solaris system is missing necessary patches to address security updates :
- Race condition in the rmtree function in the File::Path module in Perl 5.6.1 and 5.8.4 sets read/write permissions for the world, which allows local users to delete arbitrary files and directories, and possibly read files and directories, via a symlink attack.
- Buffer overflow in the PerlIO implementation in Perl 5.8.0, when installed with setuid support (sperl), allows local users to execute arbitrary code by setting the PERLIO_DEBUG variable and executing a Perl script whose full pathname contains a long directory tree.
- Race condition in the rmtree function in File::Path.pm in Perl before 5.8.4 allows local users to create arbitrary setuid binaries in the tree being deleted, a different vulnerability than CVE-2004-0452.
- Untrusted search path vulnerability in Perl before 5.8.7-r1 on Gentoo Linux allows local users in the portage group to gain privileges via a malicious shared object in the Portage temporary build directory, which is part of the RUNPATH. (CVE-2005-4278)
- Integer overflow in the regular expression engine in Perl 5.8.x allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (stack consumption and application crash) by matching a crafted regular expression against a long string. (CVE-2010-1158)
- Off-by-one error in the decode_xs function in Unicode/Unicode.xs in the Encode module before 2.44, as used in Perl before 5.15.6, might allow context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) via a crafted Unicode string, which triggers a heap-based buffer overflow. (CVE-2011-2939)
- CGI.pm module before 3.63 for Perl does not properly escape newlines in (1) Set-Cookie or (2) P3P headers, which might allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary headers into responses from applications that use CGI.pm. (CVE-2012-5526)
SolutionUpgrade to Solaris 188.8.131.52.0.