Oracle Solaris Third-Party Patch Update : openssl (cve_2012_0050_denial_of)
High Nessus Plugin ID 80715
SynopsisThe remote Solaris system is missing a security patch for third-party software.
DescriptionThe remote Solaris system is missing necessary patches to address security updates :
- The DTLS implementation in OpenSSL before 0.9.8s and 1.x before 1.0.0f performs a MAC check only if certain padding is valid, which makes it easier for remote attackers to recover plaintext via a padding oracle attack. (CVE-2011-4108)
- Double free vulnerability in OpenSSL 0.9.8 before 0.9.8s, when X509_V_FLAG_POLICY_CHECK is enabled, allows remote attackers to have an unspecified impact by triggering failure of a policy check. (CVE-2011-4109)
- The SSL 3.0 implementation in OpenSSL before 0.9.8s and 1.x before 1.0.0f does not properly initialize data structures for block cipher padding, which might allow remote attackers to obtain sensitive information by decrypting the padding data sent by an SSL peer.
- OpenSSL before 0.9.8s and 1.x before 1.0.0f, when RFC 3779 support is enabled, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (assertion failure) via an X.509 certificate containing certificate-extension data associated with (1) IP address blocks or (2) Autonomous System (AS) identifiers. (CVE-2011-4577)
- The Server Gated Cryptography (SGC) implementation in OpenSSL before 0.9.8s and 1.x before 1.0.0f does not properly handle handshake restarts, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via unspecified vectors. (CVE-2011-4619)
- The GOST ENGINE in OpenSSL before 1.0.0f does not properly handle invalid parameters for the GOST block cipher, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via crafted data from a TLS client. (CVE-2012-0027)
- OpenSSL 0.9.8s and 1.0.0f does not properly support DTLS applications, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via unspecified vectors related to an out-of-bounds read. NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incorrect fix for CVE-2011-4108. (CVE-2012-0050)
SolutionUpgrade to Solaris 11/11 SRU 4a.