New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Solaris system is missing a security patch for third-party software.
DescriptionThe remote Solaris system is missing necessary patches to address security updates :
- The xsltGenerateIdFunction function in functions.c in libxslt 1.1.26 and earlier, as used in Google Chrome before 10.0.648.127 and other products, allows remote attackers to obtain potentially sensitive information about heap memory addresses via an XML document containing a call to the XSLT generate-id XPath function. (CVE-2011-1202)
- The XSL implementation in Google Chrome before 20.0.1132.43 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (incorrect read operation) via unspecified vectors. (CVE-2012-2825)
- libxslt 1.1.26 and earlier, as used in Google Chrome before 21.0.1180.89, does not properly manage memory, which might allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted XSLT expression that is not properly identified during XPath navigation, related to (1) the xsltCompileLocationPathPattern function in libxslt/pattern.c and (2) the xsltGenerateIdFunction function in libxslt/functions.c. (CVE-2012-2870)
- libxml2 2.9.0-rc1 and earlier, as used in Google Chrome before 21.0.1180.89, does not properly support a cast of an unspecified variable during handling of XSL transforms, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unknown other impact via a crafted document, related to the _xmlNs data structure in include/libxml/tree.h. (CVE-2012-2871)
- Double free vulnerability in libxslt, as used in Google Chrome before 22.0.1229.79, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via vectors related to XSL transforms.
SolutionUpgrade to Solaris 188.8.131.52.