Oracle Solaris Third-Party Patch Update : gnutls (multiple_vulnerabilities_in_gnutls)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 80632
SynopsisThe remote Solaris system is missing a security patch for third-party software.
DescriptionThe remote Solaris system is missing necessary patches to address security updates :
- The gnutls_x509_dn_oid_name function in lib/x509/common.c in GnuTLS 3.0 before 3.1.20 and 3.2.x before 3.2.10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference) via a crafted X.509 certificate, related to a missing LDAP description for an OID when printing the DN. (CVE-2014-3465)
- Buffer overflow in the read_server_hello function in lib/gnutls_handshake.c in GnuTLS before 3.1.25, 3.2.x before 3.2.15, and 3.3.x before 3.3.4 allows remote servers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a long session id in a ServerHello message. (CVE-2014-3466)
- Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in the DER decoder in GNU Libtasn1 before 3.6, as used in GnutTLS, allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read) via a crafted ASN.1 data.
- The asn1_get_bit_der function in GNU Libtasn1 before 3.6 does not properly report an error when a negative bit length is identified, which allows context-dependent attackers to cause out-of-bounds access via crafted ASN.1 data. (CVE-2014-3468)
- The (1) asn1_read_value_type and (2) asn1_read_value functions in GNU Libtasn1 before 3.6 allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and crash) via a NULL value in an ivalue argument. (CVE-2014-3469)
SolutionUpgrade to Solaris 18.104.22.168.1.