New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Solaris system is missing a security patch for third-party software.
DescriptionThe remote Solaris system is missing necessary patches to address security updates :
- The gnutls_x509_dn_oid_name function in lib/x509/common.c in GnuTLS 3.0 before 3.1.20 and 3.2.x before 3.2.10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference) via a crafted X.509 certificate, related to a missing LDAP description for an OID when printing the DN. (CVE-2014-3465)
- Buffer overflow in the read_server_hello function in lib/gnutls_handshake.c in GnuTLS before 3.1.25, 3.2.x before 3.2.15, and 3.3.x before 3.3.4 allows remote servers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a long session id in a ServerHello message. (CVE-2014-3466)
- Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in the DER decoder in GNU Libtasn1 before 3.6, as used in GnutTLS, allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read) via a crafted ASN.1 data.
- The asn1_get_bit_der function in GNU Libtasn1 before 3.6 does not properly report an error when a negative bit length is identified, which allows context-dependent attackers to cause out-of-bounds access via crafted ASN.1 data. (CVE-2014-3468)
- The (1) asn1_read_value_type and (2) asn1_read_value functions in GNU Libtasn1 before 3.6 allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and crash) via a NULL value in an ivalue argument. (CVE-2014-3469)
SolutionUpgrade to Solaris 220.127.116.11.1.