New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Solaris system is missing a security patch for third-party software.
DescriptionThe remote Solaris system is missing necessary patches to address security updates :
- The cache_invalidate function in modules/cache/cache_storage.c in the mod_cache module in the Apache HTTP Server 2.4.6, when a caching forward proxy is enabled, allows remote HTTP servers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and daemon crash) via vectors that trigger a missing hostname value. (CVE-2013-4352)
- The mod_proxy module in the Apache HTTP Server 2.4.x before 2.4.10, when a reverse proxy is enabled, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (child-process crash) via a crafted HTTP Connection header. (CVE-2014-0117)
- The deflate_in_filter function in mod_deflate.c in the mod_deflate module in the Apache HTTP Server before 2.4.10, when request body decompression is enabled, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (resource consumption) via crafted request data that decompresses to a much larger size. (CVE-2014-0118)
- Race condition in the mod_status module in the Apache HTTP Server before 2.4.10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (heap-based buffer overflow), or possibly obtain sensitive credential information or execute arbitrary code, via a crafted request that triggers improper scoreboard handling within the status_handler function in modules/generators/mod_status.c and the lua_ap_scoreboard_worker function in modules/lua/lua_request.c. (CVE-2014-0226)
- The mod_cgid module in the Apache HTTP Server before 2.4.10 does not have a timeout mechanism, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (process hang) via a request to a CGI script that does not read from its stdin file descriptor. (CVE-2014-0231)
SolutionUpgrade to Solaris 184.108.40.206.0.