SuSE 11.3 Security Update : clamav (SAT Patch Number 10016)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 79760
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 11 host is missing a security update.
Descriptionclamav was updated to version 0.98.5 to fix three security issues and several non-security issues.
These security issues have been fixed :
- Crash when scanning maliciously crafted yoda's crypter files. (CVE-2013-6497)
- Heap-based buffer overflow when scanning crypted PE files. (CVE-2014-9050)
- Crash when using 'clamscan -a'. These non-security issues have been fixed :
- Support for the XDP file format and extracting, decoding, and scanning PDF files within XDP files.
- Addition of shared library support for LLVM versions 3.1
- 3.5 for the purpose of just-in-time(JIT) compilation of ClamAV bytecode signatures.
- Enhancements to the clambc command line utility to assist ClamAV bytecode signature authors by providing introspection into compiled bytecode programs.
- Resolution of many of the warning messages from ClamAV compilation.
- Improved detection of malicious PE files.
- ClamAV 0.98.5 now works with OpenSSL in FIPS compliant mode. (bnc#904207)
- Fix server socket setup code in clamd. (bnc#903489)
- Change updateclamconf to prefer the state of the old config file even for commented-out options. (bnc#903719)
- Fix infinite loop in clamdscan when clamd is not running.
- Fix buffer underruns when handling multi-part MIME email attachments.
- Fix configuration of OpenSSL on various platforms.
- Fix linking issues with libclamunrar.
SolutionApply SAT patch number 10016.